Website Redesign: Valley Teen Ranch
We have to thank our friend Liz for introducing us to the amazing ministry of Valley Teen Ranch. Valley Teen Ranch began as a Group Home in rural Madera County for young men. Over the past three decades they’ve grown and added a Foster Family Agency, Adoptive Services, and Transitional Living Home.
Liz also introduced us to Connie Clendenan, the CEO and amazing visionary who has tirelessly built VTR over the past 30 years to help thousands of young people and families. When I (Kent) met with Connie I asked her questions about VTR’s mission, its vision for the future, and its current needs. Then we looked at their current website and how we could enhance it to ensure it wouldn’t just look better, but would also actively work to fulfill their needs and goals. In addition to updating the content and design, we decided on a few things in the redesign:
- Produce fresh HD video content that clearly conveys the mission of VTR and makes visitors aware of the many programs it offers
- Create a discussion forum for foster parents to act as a resource for foster parents
- Drive traffic towards their mailing list
- Make giving online easier and more obvious
- Highlight current sponsors
Hopefully we’ve given Valley Teen Ranch more than a website, but a valuable resource that will help them to spread their mission, assist foster and adoptive parents, connect with potential donors, and, most importantly, help thousands more families and children find the help they need.